Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Photography 101 with Jeff Barber

I know I have to learn to take better photos! So I was very excited when I saw this month's meeting of the Upper Midwest Bead Society (UMBS) would feature Minnesota's own internationally renowned lampworker Jeff Barber, and he would be talking about shooting great photos! Well, I'll tell ya, I was writing down everything (scribble scribble scribble) because I knew basically nothing about my little digital camera. Jeff explained camera settings, lighting issues, and shared many of his personal tips & tricks to shooting great photos. Lucky us! I came away with lots of ideas that I plan to start playing with, and I'd just like to thank Jeff because I really learned a lot last night! (And of course, now I want a more expensive camera!)

BTW, you can see Jeff's awesome lampwork (and photography) at Lakeside Art Glass. And if you ever have a chance to see his work in person, you must!

No comments: