Wednesday, December 2, 2009

CRAZY BATTS, ART YARNS, NEW ORDERS

I am loving my new LOUET DRUM CARDER and have been carding Crazy Batts whenever I can...it's always exciting to see what the Batt looks like when you pull it off the drum! You can spin them into fabulously interesting yarns, you can use them in wet felting and needle felting projects. I've been spinning some Batts into Art Yarns, and my friend Zoe brought some of her Art Yarns in on consignment, check them out next time you stop by. I hope to get some of my Batts into my Etsy store soon.

I bought some Hand Dyed Carded Wool from my friend Celeste...Romney, CVM, Corriedale, Shetland, it's a riot of beautiful colors, all of it locally grown in Minnesota and Wisconsin!

A new shipment of GALE'S ART arrived yesterday: Fresh BFL in Semi-Solids (some new colors, too), Hand Painted Black BFL and her lovely Hand Painted Alpaca/Silk blends.

An order of Hand Painted Bamboo from THE FIBER LADY should be in today, too.

The Winter issue of WILD FIBERS magazine has just come in. Haven't had time to look at it yet, but as usual, the cover photo is amazing!

And, last but not least, our SPINNING GROUP meets again on Sunday, December 6, from 12-4, and we hope to see you!

That will do it for today...until next time, I hope you find yourself deep in Fiber Mischief!

No comments: