Sunday, November 22, 2009

Some Corny Stuff, Gale's Art, Hand Painted BFL

Disclaimer: there's some corny drivel coming up...

It was Saturday (ya know)...and Lawrence Welk was on! I got to watch the whole show with my Uncle Lyle...woo hoo! It was a Thanksgiving show from 1973! OMG, talk about COR-NY! The (scary) hair, clothes, uber-sweetness, "Bobby and Sissy." I was surprised at how much Lyle knows about all of the characters..."those two were married but then they got a divorce and he married someone else," Lyle knew about every single person on the show.

After Lawrence Welk, we were watching Antiques Roadshow and I started feeling kind of sleepy (no matter how hard I tried, I nodded off a couple times). Then, I realized Lyle hadn't said anything for a little while. I looked over at him and he was asleep...I thought, well he'll never know if I just close my eyes for a few minutes...nothing like a little Lawrence Welk to put you in the mood for a nap.

For those of you who have been waiting for more Gale's Art, it will be shipping from Atlanta today and I hope to have it by Saturday. I talked to Gale yesterday, part of the Firestar on order will come in with this shipment and the rest will come in a couple weeks or so. The Hand Painted Semi-Solid BFL and the Hand Painted Alpaca/Silk fibers will be in this shipment, for those of you who have been waiting for it.

More of the Hand Painted Bamboo is coming too, I hope (fingers crossed) it'll come in Friday.

In case I don't post again before Thursday, I want to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: